Every year I make a commitment to read in the new year and I rarely read all that I set out to. So this year I’m trying to keep my list small and limited to books we already have in our possession. Some are re-reads. Some are half-read and never finished. The goal is to finish all these.
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green- almost finished with this one.
2. Mockingjay– a re-read that I’m currently in the middle of.
3. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers- reread and one of my favorite books.
4. Undaunted by Christine Caine- I’ve read the first few chapters…looking to finish this one before I buy and read her second book, Unstoppable.
5. The complete Narnia series by C. S. Lewis- I’ve read some of this and listened to the radio theater versions on CD but I’ve never read the complete series cover to cover. That’s the goal this time around.
6. Legend by Marie Lu- another “started but never finished” book.
7. Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst- I really really NEED to read this one.
8. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young- an ongoing daily read.
9. One Thousand Gifts– a re-read…life has been tough lately. Looking for the gifts feels necessary for this season of life.
10. Passion by Louie Giglio and others- started never finished.
After writing this, it seems that, for the most part, this will be a year of simply finishing what I started. There are many other books I really want to buy and read. But before I do that, I should really finish the ones I already own, right?
That’ll be the goal. I wonder how many I can finish before the break is up!